I had seen lots of overnight oatmeal recipes lately and I decided to give it a try, the mango and greek yogurt version caught my attention, I mixed matcha to the yogurt and it turned out really yummy! The mango and matcha flavors together make a great combination. If you are not familiar with matcha, I strongly suggest you to try it, the flavor is really intense, so you might want to start with small quantities and try it blending in different food, you can even make a Matcha Latte! It’s delicious and it’s packed with so many benefits. If you want to learn more about matcha, benefits and nutritional facts visit Body, Health, Love blog, she made an amazing job pulling out together all the information you need about matcha powder.
I started mixing 1/8 teaspoon to 1/4 cup of greek yogurt (with honey). As I suggest in my previous Yogurt +Matcha + Honey recipe, test small quantities of matcha at a time because depending on the quality of the matcha, the flavor can be quite intense.
Add the uncooked oats (1/4 cup) to a mason jar with 1/3 cup of milk.
Add half of the mango (1/4 cup)
Add the yogurt (I didn’t add any sweetener because I use Honey greek yogurt but you can add 1 teaspoon of honey or any other sweetener) add the remaining mango. Put a lid on the jar or cover it with plastic, refrigerate overnight (at least 4 hours). When you are ready mixed all and eat it chilled.
I think I’m getting addict to overnight oatmeal, it helps me start my day so much faster and in a great mood after a yummy super breakfast.
- 1/4 cup Honey greek yogurt (If you have plain yogurt add 1 teaspoon of honey)
- 1/8 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1/4 cup uncooked oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- Mix 1/8 teaspoon to 1/4 cup of Honey greek yogurt.
- Add the uncooked oats (1/4 cup) to a mason jar with 1/3 cup of milk.
- Add half of the mango
- Add the yogurt and remaining mango.
- Put a lid on the jar or cover it with plastic, refrigerate overnight (at least 4 hours).
- When you are ready mixed all and eat it chilled.