This list of Hospital bag must haves, will give you a great idea of what you need to pack for your baby, specially if you are a first- time mom or if your last time was a couple of years ago and have bad memory like me lol. I extended a little bit more for the baby stuff. Below the baby list you can find a complete checklist for mom, baby and other stuff to bring to the hospital.
1.Baby nail clippers. This is something must moms don´t think about, but if your baby comes with long nails, trust me that will be one of the first thing you will want to take care of.
2. Onesies. 2-3 newborn onesies.
3. Multi -Use Cover. This is one of the things that I´m most excited to try. This one I got from amazon works as a car seat canopy, nursing cover and shopping cart cover.
4. x2 sleepers with fold-over mittens attached. With Mia I received as a gift a sleeper like this one, and it was my favorite! So this time I bought all of the newborn with mittens attached. I have tried before using mittens before but they alway fall.
5.Bow and / or hats. The hospital will give you a hat. But you might want to bring some bow or other cute hats to match babys outfit to take pictures.
6.Baby hair brush.You need a soft-bristled baby brush or a baby comb.
7. x2 Baby blankets/ swaddles. Same as bows and hats, choose two that will match your baby outfits, neutral colors works great!
8. Topponcino I will extend a little bit with this one because is the accesorie that I´m most excited to try. I was debating if I should get a DockATot or a snuggle me, but either of them convince me, because they are pricey and they also seem so big and I don´t have much space. But I knew I need something to keep my baby comfortable and to make transitions easier. Mia was a terrible sleeper and I really need to work on this, if this will be the case for Emma so I need to have a plan. If you know me you know how I love the Montessori method, and reading about montessori for babies I read about the topponcino. As soon as I read about it, I knew that was exactly what I was looking for.
What is the Topponcino?
The Topponcino is a soft mat-like pillow that provides comfort, support and consistency during the first delicate months of a baby.
The only downside that I could read about it, is that will only fit the first months but I guess It can become her pillow later, and anyway I was looking for something smaller. Here is some info about Topponcino:
- Smells like Mom & Dad so your baby will feel safe in any environment. By sleeping with your topponcino for weeks before your baby is born, the topponcino will begin to absorb your family’s smell. Although you may not always physically be there to hold and console, your baby will feel as if they are forever in your arms.
- Eases transitions such as being passed from person-to-person, or when being laid down to sleep. Topponcinos are designed to maintain a consistent temperature, smell and texture.
- Supports your baby when feeding or being held by those less experienced with handling a newborn
- Like a “blankie” or “lovie” for your newborn, topponcinos become a consistent comfort in your baby’s life.
The complete Checklist (Mom & Baby)
I´m also sharing my complete checklist in case you need some help on what to pack for yourself and other miscellaneous things you might want to bring. If you are a first time mom, I highly recommend checking this list and packing everything as written. Trust me you will need all those things especially if you are having a natural birth.